Personalized reviews and assessment
Each year, HR directors together with the Management Team of each Euler Hermes Business Unit conduct in depth talent review in order to:
- Identify and grow successors for multiple positions within the organization
- Identify and assess the company’s high potential employees
- Formulate individualized development plans
Each employee is responsible for her/his own development plan which is defined to take into account the employee’s interests, strengths and areas of improvement within the context of business needs. Also, each employee benefits from the support of their manager and their HR business partner.
Development plans can be implemented through the following means:
- On-the-job actions: specific projects, international assignments, job swaps…
- People: 360° feedback, coaching, mentoring, exposure to regional and global leaders, role models, peer learning…
- Technical training: risk underwriting, marketing, sales, finance, IT...
- Soft skills training: communication, leadership, change management, diversity…
We organize job swaps within Euler Hermes but also within the wider Allianz world. Job swaps can be between related functions (e.g. Distribution in different organizations within the Allianz Group) or the same functions in different geographies. What it means is that over 1-2 weeks the two incumbents exchange their roles and work in the position of the other person.
They attend meetings and follow the agenda of the incumbent as much as possible. People really like this and see it as a personal enrichment and development as well as a great way to explore new business opportunities. We learn from each other in very concrete and tangible ways with pragmatic outcomes. Even our Group CEO did a job swap with a CEO of another Allianz Group Company for one week.
We have a structured one year mentoring program in place which focuses on a certain topic or theme each year. The mentors are our Board members, regional CEOs and other senior leaders. The mentees are chosen based on the mentoring theme and the mentees own future career aspirations. Examples of past program themes have been building our one company strategy and gender diversity.
Euler Hermes Academy
The Euler Hermes Academy provides innovative functional, leadership and culture change training programs, available on a global basis.
- Customized functional training in the areas of risk underwriting, claims, sales, customer service and policy administration is heavily geared towards enhancing the expertise of our professional experts.
- Leadership training covers topics such as talent and performance management as well as handling conflict, motivating and building teams and strategic thinking.
- Culture change topics are designed to support major transformation initiatives and help our employees to adapt themselves quickly in new environments.
Our programs are delivered through multiple channels (on site training, e-learning, blended learning) in multiple locations.
Part of the Allianz family
Working at Euler Hermes means you will also be part of the Allianz Group, one of the largest financial service providers in the world with 150,000 employees serving 75 million customers in some 70 countries around the world. Our employees are invited to benefit from Allianz’s training, development, networking, diversity and mobility programs to broaden their skills and competencies.